I survived thanks to (in this order):
1. The very courageous intervention of my wife who called the emergency services, started chest compressions and artificial ventilation and alarmed the emergency number and everybody in the neighborhood.
2. Two bystanders that came to help my wife, taking over CPR.
3. The arrival of the police on-site within minutes and their professional first response (including breaking two of my ribs in the process).
4. The arrival of the ambulance within 8 minutes after the call, giving me 3 shocks with the defibrillator.
5. The extraordinary professional care at Cardiocentro Lugano, providing me afterwards with a built-in defibrillator and ongoing weekly monitoring of my heart data.
6. The follow-up care of my family doctor and a trauma expert, keeping me physically and psychologically in shape.